Our Health Ministry Team is dedicated to supporting the goal of wholeness in body, mind and spirit that enables us to love and serve others in the Name of Christ.
Some of us are previous or present healthcare workers; others have experience as patients or caregivers in illness, injury and rehabilitation. Together we have access to current information on healthcare issues, facilities and medical advances. We meet regularly to address specific needs and topics of interest to parishioners.
Our health-promoting efforts include:
- Blood-pressure screenings the first weekend of every month
- Occasional Sunday Health Forums on major health topics by expert speakers
- Health tips and news in the weekly announcement sheet and on our bulletin board in the Narthex of the church
- Monthly article in the Tribune and on the website (see below)
- Response to specific health questions
- Personal visits or consultation on request
HEALTH NEWS AND EVENTS
Blood Drives: Holy Trinity hosts the Big Red Bus 2-3 times per year. Check our weekly announcement sheet for details on our next drive.
Yoga for Health – a weekly class on Wednesdays at 6:00pm in the Parish Hall. To register call Peggy: 321-242-9425.
The Health Ministry has an extensive Lending Closet which includes a variety of medical supplies, such as wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, portable commodes, etc. These supplies are loaned out to parishioners and friends of parishioners as needed. Should you need any supplies, please contact the Parish Nurse, Stacey Westphal RN, or the church office at 321-723-5272.
- HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES: For a lot of information to help you and your loved ones stay healthy, visit the US Department of Health and Human Service's Health Finder website.
- COLO-RECTAL CANCER ALLIANCE
- CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION
- MAYO CLINIC